Saturday, May 9, 2009

Top Of The Shops


Yesterday I was in Soho and decided to treat myself, and check out New York's (and North America's) first TopShop store. Its giant. There are four floors jammed with shopping teens and teens sales ladies and it was kinda of a sensory overload for me. Moments before I had an autistic meltdown I was able to find a safe space in a corner of the store that was highlighting the designs of illustrator/designer Vanessa Da Silva. It was the sweetest spot in the entire store! Her inspiration was 'The Jungle Goes Shopping' and her collection is loaded with prints like the one above (how friggin cute is that? Camels in heels and lipstick, monkeys loaded with jewelry, carrying two or three purses at a time!).
via vanessadadilva.com
-David

No comments:

Post a Comment